How does the revenue repay tax?

Tipptop

I'm a sole trader and and my accountant told me that I overpaid my taxes for the year 2005 by €1143.58 and submitted the form to the Revenue and I duly got a notice of assesment letter back mid Oct and its said at the bottom BALANCE OVERPAID €1143.58. All fine with what I knew.

Now today I received a cheque from the revenue for €402.21
All the letter says is Repayment of Tax->Income Tax -> Year 2005 -> amount ->€402.21

Now my question do the revenue pay in instalments or why they haven't sent the whole cheque ?? or is it a mistake??

And what to do next?

Thanks in advance

Are you married? If so, the balance of the refund could be attributed to your wife and if so she will get a seperate cheque however in general they are issued at the same time.

As above, refund to spouse is the most likely explanation.

Otherwise, they may have (mistakenly or otherwise) allocated some of the refund against other tax balances or against preliminary tax for 2006.

Thanks for that, I presume it's because its attributed to my wife, just thought they would post out on the same day.

Thanks

Ring and ask for a statement that will showing were it went as per ubi it prob went towards PT for 2006

Back