How do you split UPC digital / analog cable?

thebiz

Hi

I have an a upc (was chorus) connection with digital.

As shown in the diagram the cable goes right into the back of the upc digital decoder. There is currently a join on the cable with a straight true 'F' connector.

I know that the digital and analog signal are both on this cable to I want to sent the analog signal to a standard tv so that I get the 16 analog channels on it.

There is coax running between this tv and the junction however I'm not sure what connector to put at the green arrow to replace the 'F' connector at the red square shown on the diagram.

If you now please let me know the model of connector.

Thanks

[broken link removed]

A standard splitter will do it. the analogue and digital signal are still on both cables.

I always the screw on f type give a better conection.

Theres one in the uk

[broken link removed]

Search for f type splitter, I would say power city or peats or mapins should have them.

Ah - thanks. I was getting my satellite and cable feeds mixed up. No satellite here... :eek:

Sorry if this is a hijack but the question seems to be answered and I thought I'd ask my own Q here too.

I've a double co-ax socket in the sitting room and a screw-in one that looks like those F-Type jobbies too.
There's also a single co-ax socket in the bedroom.

I've digital freeview coming in thru the antenna and fed to a freeview box in the sitting room but I was wondering what the extra co-ax is for. I heard someone mention that it may be a loop that would feed to the bedroom. The bedroom is already fed from the antenna but with no freeview box in the bedroom I only get terrestrial.

Does this make sense?

Could I feed the signal from the freeview box back into the wall into the spare co-ax socket and have it appear in the bedroom ?

Back