How do you smuggle a live budgie internally?

My uncle was a prison officer up until a few years ago and told me some of the items then found in people, one guy had a mobile phone complete with Charger concealed internally - that had to hurt!!. Where there's a will, there's a way! Gotta wonder how they got the cage in though!!;)

Dont see the harm in having a budgie. Mobiles, drugs yes these should be banned and anyone found with these in their cells should be charged but a budgie is Ok I think.

I don't think I'd want to share a cell with someone who kept a budgie and certainly not one that been smuggled in that fashion.

Dont see the harm in having a budgie. Mobiles, drugs yes these should be banned and anyone found with these in their cells should be charged but a budgie is Ok I think.

Anyone who's willing to get a budgie smuggled internally want's it a bit too much and doesn't strike me as a pet lover!! :rolleyes: - I would suggest that they would use it in a similar way to the way they used pidgeons outside Mountjoy - i.e use it to send messages, carry drugs

Reports this morning say a second budgie was also seized and at one stage there were seven of the birds in the prison, with the tuck shop even selling bird seed to their owners.

!!!

I saw that - also that some prisoners had flat-screen TVs! I hope they weren't smuggled internally. Ouch.

I saw that - also that some prisoners had flat-screen TVs! I hope they weren't smuggled internally. Ouch.

Ouch indeed! And what about the gallons of home brew with all the equipment that would necessitate? I tell ya....Mna na hEireann.....some of us out there could probably set up a soup kitchen by the sound of it!:rolleyes:

Back