How do you qualify for s.w. credits: left employment 10y ago, no benefit after 15mo

nad

How does a person who left employment circa 10 year's ago to bring up her kids and stopped signing on when her benefit finished 15 month's later get back into the system, i.e that is collect credits for future benefits.

The SW Homemakers Scheme might be of relevance here. I don't know when this scheme was introduced or if it was in force over the full past 10 years. Note that in many cases you qualify automatically. Perhaps it would be worth checking if this scheme applied to you or if you can backdate any claim for cover under it if necessary and applicable? Have you contacted the SW to check what the status of your PRSI contributions/credits record is at the moment? Do you have a record of your RSI/PPS number?

Thank's CLUBMAN /PAT127.

Just had a quick look at your suggestions and i think there might be something in them for me, Hope to contact s.w. tomorrow.

The Homemaker's scheme only awards credits for pension purposes. If you have broken your PRSI/Credits record more than two years, you must work again before you can qualify for credits or payments in due course. If you started work now, your entitlement to benefits would kick in in 2008 at the earliest.

Back