How do I play all regions on a portable DVD?

AlastairSC

Is it possible? Do you do the same as on a full-size player (key in a code etc)?

I want to play some US (region 1) dvd's on whatever I buy.

Has anyone done this?

Last edited:
Totally depends on your DVD player. Many are hackable, many are not. Google your brand and model number with 'multi region hack' and see what you find

It does depend, but I've found that many of them can be made to be region free or changed into a particular region. You just have to search the net exhaustively to get the codes.

Google the hell out of this as suggested by the second poster. In addition to his suggestion, I'd also suggest a Google search like "region+free+code", adding in the brand/model number. Several of the websites containing the codes are free, but more and more are coming back with a "small charge" for the info. Just keep looking and be a bit creative with your search, and you'll eventually come up with something.

It may take you time to find info about it. I've bought a "no name" portable DVD brand at Argos....took days to find the right codes, but eventually got it to work by finding the same brand, but different model number.

As an aside, I had a situation last year with a DVD recorder that had a worldwide multi-region fix freely available on the net. However, the fix simply did not work on my DVD machine, and I was literally minutes from returning the thing when I came across a slight modification just for units shipped into the ROI/UK. Worked like a charm.

Best of luck (and by the way, isn't it TOTALLY absurd to make a portable DVD player region specific?!?).

Back