How do i delete browsing history?

blueshoes

Hi, im just wondering if anyone knows how to get rid of browsing history.I know to go to tools etc and that, but whats happening is when i type say the letter a into the internet search bar everything that i have looked up with a comes up. say F i get facebook etc. I really nead to get rid of it asap, work laptop :(

What browser are you using, Internet Explorer or FireFox (or other)?

Tools->Clear Private Data. Check all boxes and click OK.

That should do it

Do you have the remaining sites Bookmarked? If so they will remain in the history while they are Bookmarked. Delete the bookmarks and repeat the above if this is applicable. After that im not sure...

Do you have the remaining sites Bookmarked? If so they will remain in the history while they are Bookmarked. Delete the bookmarks and repeat the above if this is applicable. After that im not sure...

Hi again, I must sound like a complete dope but honest im not:eek:!! How do i undo bookmarks? i have two there, they have yellow stars are they bookmarked? when i delete history what im mainly left with is facebook, and the games ive been playing all afternoon which is not good!!:eek:

Go to Internet options, click content, find auto complete, click settings and delete auto history. That should work for you.

re OnTheUp and Cat101......I think your advise is only applicable to IE, as having followed both it clears nothing from FF history.

To delete bookmarks on Firefox, go to "Bookmarks", then "Organise Bookmarks", right click on the bookmark you want to delete & then click "delete".
If it's your work laptop you may want to make sure it hasn't saved any of your passwords as well! To check go to "Tools", then "Options", then under "passwords", click on saved passwords. I know I got an unpleasant surprise when I checked this.
hope this helps.

From www.ehow.com

1. Configure Your History Settings
  2. Step 1
    Open the Firefox browser. Mac users will select Tools from the top menu list, and Windows users will select Tools. Select Options for Windows and Preferences for Macs.
  3. Step 2
    Click on the Privacy icon. The first option listed allows you to set the number of days for which you want Firefox to remember the Web pages you've visited.
  4. Step 3
    Type in the number of days for which you want your history saved. You may also elect to have Firefox remember what you enter in forms and the search bar, as well as remember what you've downloaded. Windows users should then click on the 'Ok' button to lock in the new changes, while Mac users need only close the preferences box to save the new information.
    Delete Your Web History in Firefox
  5. Step 1
    Re-open the Options (Windows) or Preferences (Mac) box and click on the Privacy icon.
  6. Step 2
    Hit the 'Clear Now' button located in the Private Data section. A new box will open with multiple options for clearing your history.
  7. Step 3
    Check any or all of the boxes that will delete your Web history. You can choose to delete cookies, cache and browsing history.
  8. Step 4
    Press the 'Clear Private Data Now' button to delete all of your Web history.

To delete bookmarks on Firefox, go to "Bookmarks", then "Organise Bookmarks", right click on the bookmark you want to delete & then click "delete".
If it's your work laptop you may want to make sure it hasn't saved any of your passwords as well! To check go to "Tools", then "Options", then under "passwords", click on saved passwords. I know I got an unpleasant surprise when I checked this.
hope this helps.

Just to elaborate a little on this, in my version of Firefox 3.0.1.1 you need to go Tools -> Options -> Privacy and uncheck all the "History" checkboxes.

To be on the safe side, first check the "Keep my history for at least ___days" and enter zero, then uncheck it.

Then go to Tools -> Options -> Security and uncheck the "Passwords" checkboxes. Go into "Saved Passwords" and clear any saved passwords.

Hope this helps.

ONQ.

Back