How do I calculate if I paid enough tax last year before I apply for a P21 statement

Beula1983

As the title says ... I want to try and calculate how much tax we paid this year before I apply for a P21 balancing statement .
A few years ago I put in the request and I was stung with a bit of a bill ( 400e) which I was really annoyed about !
I see that Deloitte and PWC have tax calculators ... are they accurate ?

Your P60 will have the information you need to calculate it as long as you know your tax credits for the year. If you are single this is straightforward enough and the calculators should be grand.

Thanks for that ... we are married with two incomes and I’ve used the calculators with the figures from our P60s and we are owed a refund by my calculations

A few years ago I put in the request and I was stung with a bit of a bill ( 400e) which I was really annoyed about !
"Stung" implies some sort of con. It is a tax-payer's responsibility to keep their tax-affairs up-to-date. The only person you can be annoyed at with "stung" by a late tax-bill is you.

Am I reading (between the lines) your post correctly? If you owe tax is it your intention not to ask for a balancing statement?

Revenue don't do tax reconciliation a year at a time. They'll probably reconcile each year back to when you underpaid your tax to see what your net situation is to Y/E 31/12/2018.

Back