How Could One Invest in Iraq/Iran?

Vega

I have heard that it is possible to legally invest in Iran although for that fund the minimum investment was $2m, which is way out of my range. Clearly it’s high risk, you have to be able to stand huge drawdowns (that fund fell 30% recently) but if Iran gets a proper government and if Iraq settles down, the potential for growth in the region appears spectacular. Looking for similar growth to, say the Polish market post communism, around 1992, this region seems like one of the best bets around if you get in early i.e. before things settle down.

I have a couple of contacts in the middle east but I’ve never invested through any of them before. Does anyone know of any reliable ways of gaining exposure to the region from Ireland?

Thanks.

Doubt it. Can see Iraq improving but think way too early for Iran.

Frontier markets have a place to play in a well diversified portfolio. Generally lowish correlation with developed and emerging markets. Nonetheless I wouldn't want more than a couple of percentage allocated there.

Personally I think Africa and Vietnam are the preferred frontier markets.

Insider info, I think the sanctions will soon be lifted. How do we profit, or get ready to profit?

Back