How can I sell a hoding in Aryzta held in the form of CDI's Crest Depository Interest Certificates

TKEE2020

Hi,
I have Aryzta shares which are held in CDI format (Crest Depository Interest Certificates). I have tried for 6 weeks to sell them through all the usual approaches e.g. Crest etc. I have contacted Aryzta's Swiss Headquarters asking them how I can execute the sale and have not yet received a reply. I have the original IAWS Share Certificate from when the company was IAWS before the merger which became Aryzta. I have had no problem selling any other share whether they were held as a share certificate or by a holding registrar but for some reason, no one I have contacted brokers etc seem to have any idea how to sell the CDI's. This is very frustrating as the shares have lost about 98% of their value and now I can't even sell them to create a tax loss to net off against tax returns.
Has any private investor any experience of selling Aryzta shares since they were converted to CDI's some years ago.
I don't understand how it can be so difficult to execute a sale in the 21st centurys. Any assistance or advice would be much appreciated.
Kind Regards,

If you contact the register of aryzta which is Link in London they should be able to sort you out you will get their details on any od correspondance

Hi TKEE2020,

In order to sell these shares you will need to have an account with a stockbroker. You should instruct the registrar to transfer the shares to your brokerage account. The registrars usually have an uncertificated share transfer form which should be completed to initiate the transfer. The registrar should then make contact with your broker and arrange for the transfer to happen. It is advisable to notify your broker in advance to ensure they are expecting the transfer to avoid any delays. The transfer should only take a few days to process. You can then sell the shares once the transfer has completed.

Best Regards
davyselect

Back