How can I manage my debts better?

Thats a good point about the laser cards Chlipps.
Ive got an appointment with my Companys Financial Adviser (free of charge) on Tuesday where he will look at the income and outgoings and see if I can manage it all better.
Il update once Ive spoken to him.

Small update,

I see I got my figures wrong in post#13 I added my outgoings up incorrectly, Ive got E692 surplus instead of the E1292, I knew something didnt look right!

Ive been on the phone to Halifax with whom I have my CC1 balance of E1200.
They have agreed to reduce my rate to 2.9% for 3 months and balance transfer the total owing on CC2 which is E1500 so Il have a total sum of E2700 at a rate of 2.9% for 3 months starting next month.

Im waiting on a 6month 0% balance transfer Credit Card from Tesco, I just have to send off the last bit of paperwork. So once thats through I'll transfer again from Halifax.

Hmm, I wonder does the 0% 6 months offer start when the card is issued or from when the first balance is transfered?

Also I received my cheque today for E515 so I have E650 in my debt account , the child benefit and ECS will increase that to E850 and with my bonus I should have E1150 available to pay a nice chunk off my my new 2.9% CC.

Hopefully an unexpected expense wont turn up and throw a spanner in the works!

How easy was it to negotiate with Halifax - for the benefit of others on here that need to?

How easy was it to negotiate with Halifax - for the benefit of others on here that need to?

Hi Bronte, it was no trouble at all.

I just rang up and asked to speak to the retention team. I told them that I had an option to transfer my balance to a different credit card company for 0% but didnt want the hassle, what could they do for me?
They offered 2.9% for 3 months or 6.9% for 6 months on the balance (excluding purchases I think)
Because I have a credit limit of 2750 they let me transfer my BOI balance over as well.

Back