How can i get rid of Static in clothes

shootingstar

Bought a fantastic top the other day. its wool. the static is driving me mad. how can i stop it, i cant even wear the top... any suggestions??? Im being fried alive with static shocks

You are wearing too many manmade fibres - synthetic clothes shoes and carpets all contribute. Its very bad when the air is dry like when indoors and shopping. Tip: wet your hands or wring out a hanky and carry it with you! Always earth yourself when getting out of a car ie touch the ground. I pretend to fall out of the car, highly amusing to onlookers! Just don't kiss it...

Put the item in a plastic bag and put it in the freezer for five minutes.

Wash the top, either by hand or machine (if possible), add a good dash of fabric conditioner to the final rinse. Dry outdoors.

I have since found that putting such items into the dryer with a bounce sheet for 5 minutes works a treat.

I find that putting items into the dryer can make the static far worse but then I don't use Bounce sheets. The labels on a lot of woolen clothes also restrict drying in the dryer.

I find that putting items into the dryer can make the static far worse but then I don't use Bounce sheets. The labels on a lot of woolen clothes also restrict drying in the dryer.

5 minutes on low heat does the trick. Bounce sheets are fantastic, they leave your clothes smelling lovely. i use them in my clothes drawers at home too...

Back