How can i get my money

B

bunnyboiler

I sold items to a guy about two months ago. The deal was done over the internet and the deal was hed pay me half of the price and id post him the items and then he would pay me the rest when he received them. He seemed genuine enough and i received my first payment. I posted the items and he received them. He contacted me to say that the rest of the money would be deposited into my account. He has not done that and doesnt answer my emails. I have his address so is there anything I can do. Im in Dublin and he is in Galway..Any advice !!

Caveat "seller"

bunnyboiler said:
I sold items to a guy about two months ago. The deal was done over the internet and the deal was hed pay me half of the price and id post him the items and then he would pay me the rest when he received them. He seemed genuine enough and i received my first payment. I posted the items and he received them. He contacted me to say that the rest of the money would be deposited into my account. He has not done that and doesnt answer my emails. I have his address so is there anything I can do. Im in Dublin and he is in Galway..Any advice !!

If using eBay they have policies to help protect against this sort of thing and you may be able to get some money back.

Otherwise... get all the payment up front next time.

Re: Caveat "seller"

There are legal options open to you, but these would be very expensive. The Small Claims Court does not facilitate claims from one consumer against another. Unless there are large amounts of money involved, chalk it up to experience and learn the lesson.

Back