How can I get my Aussie Tax File No.?

brian.mobile

Anyone know how I can get hold of my old Australian TFN (I travelled there for a year, worked also)

I'm in the process of claiming back my SuperAnnuation - which you are entitled to do once you have left the blessed shores....

Just wondering if it can be done on-line? (finding the TFN)

BM

You can get it on any payslip you have from Oz. Otherwise there is a tax office on the Quays. They do the paperwork in exchange for a percentage of the refund. I'm sorry but I don't have the address but I'm sure the USIT office could direct you and they could find it out for you.

Unsure if you can claim online. When I claimed they wanted faxes of old payslips although they may be more up to date now. I was too late to claim mine back.

Think taxback.com does it? When is it too late to claim back tax? I worked abroad in 2003, am I too late?

MrsDoyle - I'm pretty sure you can still claim back your tax from 2003 - I went through www.taxback.com when I came home from Oz and they sorted it fairly straightforwardly (having said that, I was careful to bring home everything I would have needed - including my TFN).

BrianMobile - no good to you really but just to say, my boyfriend wasn't as careful to bring back all the dox he needed and suffice to say, never managed to find out what his TFN was... still that was 4 years ago, maybe taxback.com might be able to help you. Otherwise, you'd have to get in touch with the recruitment agency you went through (if you did go through one in Oz) or else the people you worked for -they should have it on file.

M

I worked in Oz some years ago and used taxback.com to organise my refund. They organised for my group certs from my previous employers so I had little to do.
You can also get your Superannuation back but it too some time (6 months or so.) You can get this back once you leave the country.

Back