how can I get an unfinished estate listed on the exempted list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDGA

Hi, I'm not sure if I'm on the correct tread but here goes. I have a house in an unfinished estate in County Kildare. The builder is still on site although no work has been carried out since 2008. There are some houses not finished and not sold, there are some concrete bases in place. the roads are not complete and the boundaries are not finished. there is security fencing in place to make safe unfinished areas of the site. The builders materials, scaffolding, blocks etc are all on site.
The Planning Authority have confirmed that it is not on their list. I have been informed that some developers lobbied to have their unfinished development included on the list, but not in this case, as the builder in inactive.

Can you advise how I can get the estate listed on the exempted list

M

I would play this by ear, and if you go to court, have a whole series of photographs taken, and perhaps dated and stamped by a solicitor and use it against paying the house hold charge

Hi MDGA,

Just wondering did you manage to get included on the list? I'm in a similar situation as yourself in an estate in Timolin, Kildare.

Apologies for opening up an old thread!

+1 - would be keen to get any feedback on this also. (in a similar-ish scenario....although estate not too bad...but council dragging their heels in a reprehensible manner - to avoid taking estate in charge....and if they're not going to do that, what would we be paying a "service" charge for?).

I tried to get my unfinished estate on the list but no joy. I even went to the ombudsman office. There are 4 types of unfinished housing estate. Only two of them are exempt fromt he charge. My estate is classified as estate mostly finished with builder in receivership. The list was drawn up around oct 2011 and will not be reviewed until 2014. there is no way of getting on the list - believe me i've tried!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back