How can I find if I am included in a will in the U.S.?

T

teacup

This is my first posting so I hope its in the right forum..Can anyone tell me how I can find out if I have been included in a persons Will....sadly my friend has passed away in the States & his daughter informed me he has left his estate to her & her brother only...my friend told me repeatly that should he die before me that he had made provisions for me..is there a way of finding out without going through his family? appreciate any help or information on where to start thanks in advance.

Hi Teacup

which state in the US? different states different rules in how wills are to be treated and passed through probate. If you know which state that will help a quick google search will help find the probate office for that state and the rules to what you can and cant / should and shouldn't see as a beneficiary of a will. If the daughter is so sure that everything was left to her and her brother then there will be a will to support this. If your friend died without making a will then the inheritance rules for the state in which he was mostly resident in prior to his death will apply

Back