How can a couple in their 20s survive both earning 400 or more a week?

Hi all,

just want to add regarding FAS course. I did one before, 1 year ago, maybe they pay a bit more now, but back then it was €180 per week, so there not a chance it could be €400/day :)

Plus just to mention, i earn €20K i have a loan repayment €160pm, i'm foreigner and support my family back in my county which costs me €200pm then my rent €400pm, and all this health insurance, gym and plus somehow i do manage to go out, buy outfits and enjoy my life to the fullest..

I gess you just have to work out a budget and live by it.....

How can you not afford to live on that money? I live on my own, earn €440 and pay all my bills and my mortgage.

You'd probably be better off putting the €100 against your outstanding debts than saving it.Yesterday 03:20 PM

I had considered this but Im comfortable with the current repayments and will be debt free come november.

"Plus €250 per quarter Early Childcare Supplement or is the child over 6?"

I keep forgetting about this!! Yippee off to the post office to collect it!

If you're only getting €400/week, then maybe you should consider giving up work completely. Find out what your options are at your social welfare office. Might even be able to get your rent paid.

A bloke in the pub told me yesterday that he gets €400/day doing a FÁS course. Maybe you could find out more about this as well.

Which one of you where drunk both maybe?

Back