How and where can I purchase EFT tracking S&P500

CAZ100

Hi
How and where can I purchase EFTs tracking S&P 500?

Degiro don't offer the product.

Contacted Davy stock brokers. No reply as yet.

Any info welcome....

Thanks in advance

I have a small, soon to be increased, holding - Put in VUSA to DeGiro and you should find it.

Good luck with whatever you do.

Any particular reason why you want to track the S&P? There is a school of thought that it's a bit overpriced, the Zurich positioning on North America is negative. Vanguard's all-world VWCE (available on DEGIRO) might be worth a look. Of course the longer the investment term the less it matters...

ok thanks I'll see if vwce is available in degiro....

Long term investment....every book I read recommends ETF...but seems difficult for Irish investor

Are you sure??
I'd imagine it's one of their most commonly traded ETFs.

What exactly are you looking for?
From degiro re USA EFTs :

"Unfortunately, the US ETFs didn't comply with the regulations imposed by MiFiD II, therefore, the products of such nature are not available to be negotiated in DEGIRO."

From degiro re USA EFTs :

"Unfortunately, the US ETFs didn't comply with the regulations imposed by MiFiD II, therefore, the products of such nature are not available to be negotiated in DEGIRO."
That refers to the US version. Were you searching for 'VOO' for example?
There are European versions available (VUSA for example, rather than VOO or CSPX for the Ussher's version).

Basically the thread you started a year ago:

Are you sure you understand the tax treatment of ETFs within Ireland if you can't see something like this?

Can you explain how the tax implications are any different to buy US exchange listed individual stocks ?

Can you explain how the tax implications are any different to buy US exchange listed individual stocks ?
When you say there are europenan versions ....but are they tracking European markets and not US?

If I got any decent answers a year ago I wouldn't have had to start another thread.

Look at post number 6 above by @Sarenco
The tax treatment of European listed ETFs is completely different to shares.

When you say there are europenan versions ....but are they tracking European markets and not US?

You have a lot of research to do.
The following is literally the first result in a Google search for 'VUSA' https://www.vanguardinvestor.co.uk/...and-p-500-ucits-etf-usd-distributing/overview

So say on Irish or Eu domiciled etfs you are paying 41% tax on exit of ETF and 41% on dividends.....how does that differ from shares? With shares you just pay 33% Capital gain? So the tax liability difference on exit is 7% more with these Irish / Eu domiciled EFTs?

There are significant differences:

- 41% on gains vs 33%
- 41% on income vs marginal rates of income tax, USC, and PRSI
- No ability to get a capital loss or use a capital loss
- Latent gains don’t die with you (a massive point)
- Deemed disposal every 8 years
- Onerous reporting requirements
- Cost averaging be default rather than FIFO as I understand it

Back