Household charge website seems to be working better now, but it's not perfect yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just registered and paid on behalf of a relative and the whole process took 8 minutes.

I did this, using their PPSN and my email address (they dont have one, and I didnt want to miss any correspondence). I subsequently went back to register for myself, and it seems I cant reuse the same email address with my PPSN (or else I'm guessing that their PPSN will be associated with the payment for my house?). I thought the PPSN or house address would be the unique key, not the email address?

Any suggestions? Thanks

You only register one account.

There is a facility to "Add another property" when you log in.

The payment is then registered against the address you give for the additional property.

They don't care who pays the money; just that the address has the payment registered.

thanks callybags, based on your response I logged back in and tried the 'Add another property', but there is no where to put in my own PPSN. I dont want to register my house with a relatives (I assume they are collecting this info for a reason), and I dont have a 2nd email address. Theres nothing in the FAQ about PPSNs, so I'm going to try their support email [email protected]

thanks callybags, based on your response I logged back in and tried the 'Add another property', but there is no where to put in my own PPSN. I dont want to register my house with a relatives (I assume they are collecting this info for a reason), and I dont have a 2nd email address. Theres nothing in the FAQ about PPSNs, so I'm going to try their support email [EMAIL="[email protected]"][email protected][/EMAIL]

Ah... I see where you are coming from.

I registered my own house first and paid the €100.

I have a share in a second property with three others and just added it on to my account, so it is under my PPS number as well.

Hopefully their support will be able to help.

Two queries that I hope someone can help with please. I just registered without any problems but when I went to the payments section it is telling me that there are no payments due ?? Has anyone else experienced that. Secondly, is direct debit the only payment method ?

Re, Direct Debit .... you can't sign up for that as the March 1st deadline to register for that method of payment has come and gone.

I paid with Laser card .... as easy as any method.

I can't answer your other question ... unless they have decided to not charge you! :)

Who here got D/D taken from bank today?
Mine came through a while ago, but it took me a moment to figure out what it was, as the reference supplied was just a string of apparently random numbers and letters. Would it kill them to put something like "Household charge" or "Revenue" in there?

Paid by VISA this morning without any problems- personaly I don't give anyone a direct debit and access to my bank account if I can avoid it. When things do wrong I have found that credit card comapnies are a lot more effective when resolving disputes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back