Household Charge.(originally Budget announcement)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if you already pay management fees and your estate is not owned by council do you pay this charge ?

So if you already pay management fees and your estate is not owned by council do you pay this charge ?

I would guess that you will have to pay the charge. The Minster said in his Budget speech that only certain categories of unfinished developments along with those on Mortgage Interest Supplement would be exempt. The fact that you pay management fees or whether your development is private or public would seem to be irrelevant.

Management fees are for the upkeep of your estate.

The Household Charge is a property tax.

There has not yet been any confirmation from the Government about the Household Charges Exemptions.

If you live in a rural house at the end of a private bohereen with your own arrangements for water and sewage and waste are you liable to the house hold charge?

It looks like you will be liable for the Household Charge but only if you own the house. If you rent then your Landlord is liable.

Last edited:
Unless they live in social housing, are in an estate defined as a ghost estate, or have left their home to live elsewhere due to ill health or infirmity, then yes, OAPs are liable.

I have a granny flat built on that my parents live in. Its seperately wired for ESB. Surely I wont have to pay two property charges? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back