house renting in Athlone/Mullingar

tomthumb

Looking at a few houses in Athlone/Mullingar area with a few to renting out initally and finally retiring there ourselves. Any idea of the potential for renting out in these areas thanks

Why not just estate agent from those areas or search daft.ie or let.ie

there are some nice houses in athlone cheap to might be easy to rent out with the students in the i t and all that, although alot of apartments being built nearby college they might all be fleeing there!

thanks folks, yep the prices are great compared to dublin and in time I would fancy the area as a place to live too. Central too!

Tomthumb

You have the student market but as blueshoes has stated they are quite a few section 50 appartments built and students have a good choice. The west side of Athlone has seen quite a few new developments mainly Tuam road river village built by oysterhomes and they have also launched another new modern development Corrain riada beside it. Check out www.athlone.ie as all auctioneers are listed.

Looked at 23 houses in Athlone earlier this year and bought one, which is rented now--it was NOT easy to rent! though it is one mile from centre in a good area.....It was empty for 6 weeks with only two three phonecalls despite daily daft/local papers/word of moth/ ads in shops etc etc....you might do better to buy on east side of athlone near college, to rent to students. and possibly better to buy an apt--there are many new ones being built--I saw some houses and apts which had already been let--and the condition was dreadful....so dont get your hopes too high! there were then (last Feb) 150 properties to view in the athlone area.. Mullingar might even be better as it is easier to get to the Dublin area for work.

Rental market in Mullingar for Residential customers has fallen a lot in the last few months. Roughly 700 section 23 apartments were built in Mullingar and this now means supply far exceeds demand. The market is roughly €650 per month on a 2 bed apartment but it can difficult to get the apartment rented to the correct tenant.

Not so sure about Athlone

Back