House Plans

K

katie29

Hi
Just wondering if anyone can recommend and Engineer to draw up house plans and submit a planning application in the Galway area. I have a plan in mind just no idea how to draw it. Does anyone know what this might usually cost?
All suggestions greatly appreciated.

hi,

I have recently got my plans drawn up. They cost about €1700 including all full planning fees. We were really happy with this and the service was great. Only thing is we live in Cork, so that might not help you

I will do the plans and application for that money if you can move Galway to Donegal and get an extra 10 days put into every week :D

I'm just wondering is 1700 euro a high or low price for this sort of work?

I'm just wondering is 1700 euro a high or low price for this sort of work?
It would seem a fairly decent price from what I have read here and on other boards. The prices will vary substantially depending both on your location and who you engage.

Hi, We got an Engineering firm in Barna to do up our plans an its going to cost 2600.

My architect cost €500 and that included the cost of planning fees to Kildare Co Co of €50/60??, I had drawn the plan of the house I wanted including dimensions and brought that to him on an A3 sheet of paper. There were some changes he recommended and we talked through everything so it was not just an in and out in 5 mins job either.
My percolation test was €350 cash, some were quoting €700 - €800 +vat, the suitability test from the manufacturer is free.

Hi katie 29

The €1700 was for everything. All the site visits and we kept changing the plans, unitl we finally went with about the tenth plan. We were happy. I think we would of paid even more as his service was excellent.

Back