House Insurance with a partial flat roof.

Meath Lady

Has anybody recently taken out house insurance where part of the structure is a flat roof and what company have you taken it with?. Was the cost excessive? . Mine is with RSA and it has increased 80 euro this year and I feel it was already excesive.

As far as I am aware, as long as the flat roof does not cover more than 25℅ of the house you are not penalised by house insurance loading. Try kidd insurance.

Thanks . I am in the process of getting what appears like a good quote from O Brien Finley. just trying to get a full explanation on working out the ratio of flat roof to the house.

Have a flat roof which covers >40% of the total roof area. Extremely difficult to get a competitive quote. With Allianz for the past 3 years and have been refused by all the top insurance names this year. Brookers were useless. Allianz must be very aware of the niche they have and as such are able to jack up the insurance cost. Although to be fair they did drop their price this year but I had to fight hard for it. Still paying over €750 for house insurance. Roof is not typical "Felt" type flat roof but a type of rubber membrane. Is in place over 12 years now and no leaks / cracks whatsoever - touch wood.

Back