House Insurance while in physical process of moving house?

MidlifeCrisis

Hi,
We have bought a house. The sale only closed last Friday (delays) but our insurance with Allianz started from September 1st. We have started the process of moving and I live in the new property (doing it up) at the moment while the family and kids live in the existing house while the move is happening. The provider for our current house is FBD. So technically both houses are occupied while the move is happening and both insurances are under both our names. Is there anything special regarding we need to take into consideration with insurance while this move is happening?

Personally, I'd call the insurance companies to clarify.

Once it's occupied, you should be fine, but if not there are clauses that limit cover. When I was moving we didn't occupy the house immediately and after 30 days the cover reduced to cover fire & storm damage only. There are so many terms and conditions I'd always double check.

Both houses are being lived in so that should satisfy the insurance companies. They are inclined to charge higher premiums for unoccupied properties and place restrictions on cover so you could be putting unnecessary costs on yourself by raising an issue which doesn't apply in this case.

Back