House Hunting In Santry

K

Kitty09

I am a first time buyer looking to buy in Dublin. I am considering Santry as a location. Does anyone have any opinions on this area - particularly Shanliss, Shanard and Shanowen?
Any thoughts on current house prices in the area. 3 Bed Semi-Ds seem to be circa €350k.

Any advice welcome!!! It doesnt have to be Santry as an area - we are totally open but just have a good feeling about this area

There should definitely be bargains in this area as lots of houses for sale. If you could stretch yourself I'd say look around Whitehall/Collins Avenue as probably a better long term investment. But both areas are good for families with shops, schools, churches etc in abundance, and most of the houses tend to have decent back gardens if you want to extend down the road. Omni is fine for shopping/cinema and there are a couple of decent restaurants down the road in Drumcondra. Gyms in DCU and Northwood. Lots of green spaces, parks etc. Yes I'm a local resident and biased :) If the Metro north FINALLY gets the go ahead you might end up quids in as well.

Hi I Live in Santry but not in the area ur thinking buy agree with above Whithall/Collins Ave probably better investment if can afford, but as above both areas are good family areas with school, shops etc.. Omni is good and new stores opening Argos Extra just opened and Boots opening big store July, but the Tesco is not the best! there is a very good Aldi on Santry Ave, if u need public transport the closer to the Swords road the better since this where most bus routes in the area go down it. restaurants yep Drumcondra one are two in Santry Zaos in the Omni and Mandalay Northwood, Good park Northwood Park is Lovely. Only one thing might check if buying in area u mention it is near DCU and there is Student flats I think on Shanowen, I have not heard of any problems but would check no issues with students i.e parties etc just know other areas near colleges can have some issues.
http://www.santrycommunity.info/index.shtml

Thanks Badger and speirbhean for the information and advice. Are there any particular estates in Whitehall or Collins Avenue you would recommend?

Also I think that the house in Lorcan Road (the Omni side of the M1) and Shanrath Road would suit you too, they are bigger than the Shanliss area with much bigger gardens. We settled around here and love the area, had looked at Shanliss houses but they were far too small, lots of pokey rooms.

Should be deals to be made at the minute too.

Thanks Badger and speirbhean for the information and advice. Are there any particular estates in Whitehall or Collins Avenue you would recommend?

Plenty of houses for sale on Collins Ave itself at the moment, also in the Gaeltacht Park area which is lovely but pricey, particularly given that some of the the houses aren't massive. Collins Ave houses seem to be going for late 3s early 4s at the moment - I know Masons have a few for sale signs up.

Back