house for sale with several auctioneers

asdfg

i have my house for sale with one auctioneer,Can i put it up with other auctioneers as well ,at the same time ? How do i go about it.? I havent signed anything with the first auctioneer .Im just trying to optimise my chances for selling in the current climate. thanks.

You'd better discuss it with the current auctioneer before you do anything otherwise if the house sells you might find yourself being asked for two lots of "marketing & advertising costs" and two lots of sales commission.

ive seen houses for sale with several auctioneers ,surely you only pay the one who has sold it for you? or am i wrong? thanks

ive seen houses for sale with several auctioneers ,surely you only pay the one who has sold it for you? or am i wrong? thanks

What about the time and money and advertising that the original auctioneers have spend trying to sell your house, surely they should be paid?

ive seen houses for sale with several auctioneers ...
Of course you have and I have sold property using more than one EA but costs and commission splits were agreed up front between all parties to the sales.

The 1st EA will bang out a letter of confirmation to you and sometimes they may slip in the words "we are the sole auctioneer" be aware of this especially if you haven't agreed to this. If you go with several EA's they usually charge you a higher rate.

Using 2 or more estate agents will work out to be more costly. We sold a house 5 years ago using two estate agents, one local and one nationwide. They both worked together and shared the advertising costs, website costs etc but there were individual costs pertaining to each EA.
One the house went sale agreed, both EA's were paid half the overall agreed fee each.
It's was easy to negotiate with both of them at the start of the process, not sure how OP would fare out if the house is currently up for sale with one agent already.

Back