House deeds versus "electronic" registration?

ClubMan

If this is the wrong forum then feel free to move it to a more appropriate one...

So I have my house "deeds" for years now - a big bundle of docs including:
  1. Land Registry receipt for deed of discharge (?) and citing the dealing number and folio number (I presume that this is from when I cleared the lender/mortgage off the records?)
  2. Booklet of planning and other docs
  3. Law society general conditions of sale
  4. Building agreement
  5. Booklet of planning and other docs
  6. Booklet of title
  7. Management company agreement
  8. What looks like various other correspondence relating to the purchase
  9. Other bits and bobs that are largely Greek to me
I don't know if it's relevant that some docs mention Land Registry and some mention Registry of Deeds?
I believe that these are (still?) separate systems and have a vague recollection of my solicitor mentioning that unfortunately (?) my house or the wider development fall under BOTH systems if that's even possible?

Anyway - my question is - is there some way that I can get things registered "electronically" with the relevant authoritiy so that all of these physical docs are of less importance e.g. if they went missing or got destroyed? No need to reprise the fire proof safe advice etc. thanks. :)

Last edited:
Good question!! When I got my deeds a few years ago, I scanned every document into separate pdf's as categorised by the bank. I am sure that the pdf's probably have no legal standing but would be really useful and convenient if they did have.

If I tried to scan all the stuff that I have I'd be here until eternity! :(

My core question is if there's a better/more up to date way to have things on file rather than having to depend on a single copy of all this bulky paperwork which seems quite archaic?

Back