House address

nigel27

I live in an estate called "Oranvale", well at least I tought I did !!.
There are only 4 houses in my estate. Recently my post man told me that my estate has had its name changed to "Cregg View" on the An Post system. This is because another estate called "Oranvale" currently exists less than 1 mile from my home. I had been wondering why my post had been missing for weeks. I have contacted my local county council (letter by registered post) but haven't received a reply. I am concerned with a number of issues:
1 - My mortgage is for a house called No 3 Oranvale
2 - My house insurance is for a house called No 3 Oranvale, what would happen if I needed to make a claim?
3 - My post is often going missing
4 - If an emergency arose (fire/ambulance/garda etc) what if they went to the wrong location. This could be very serious.

Any idea what or who I should contact regarding getting confirmation of esate name and if I beed to change mortgage/insurance details?

It said that it has been changed on the An Post system. Not sure who actually changed it. He told me that An Post use a national database linked to garadi etc.

Last edited:
Surely An Post don't have a right to change your address? ... databse or no database

Check out the Council and see what they have you down as.

Get on to your local TD (or TDs plural). Four houses is at least 4 registered voters, and probably more.

Back