hotels shannon airport.

indebtedgal

can anyone suggest a hotel as close as possible to shannon airport teminal? also when taking a rayanair flight to krakow does anyone know the best way to get from the airport to the city centre hotels? eg bus/train taxi etc and cost?

The closest hotel is the Park Inn Shannon airport, two mins walk to terminal building (formerly the Great Southern), failing that there are two hotels in Bunratty which is about 20 mins drive to the terminal building.

Have a look at tripadvisor for more details.

And sorry regarding the transfer on the other side, have a look here - http://www.cracow-life.com/travel/taxi.php

Comparatively cheap and certainly worth it, guy will be there with a board and your name on it and takes you straight to hotel.

I have used them in the past and found them excellent.

Enjoy

Park Inn is closest to the airport. Two other options are the Oakwood Arms Hotel and Shannon Court Hotel which are located in Shannon town - about 5 min taxi ride from the airport.

The Shannon Shamrock in Bunratty and the Bunratty Castle Hotel have good standby rates at the moment. Pop down to Durty Nelly's for a pint.

I'd get the train to the main railway station in Krakow (Krakow Glowny) which is just 5 mins from the Old Town Square. It's about 2 euros.

If there are 3 to 4 in your party then a taxi is worth it. Fares to city about 80 to 100 PLN but coming back often only 50 PLN.

"I'd get the train to the main railway station in Krakow (Krakow Glowny) which is just 5 mins from the Old Town Square. It's about 2 euros.

If there are 3 to 4 in your party then a taxi is worth it. Fares to city about 80 to 100 PLN but coming back often only 50 PLN."

I'd second this. When you exit from arrivals take a right & follow the road for a few minutes. It's a very small platform at the end of the line. Make sure you have some Zloty as you have to pay on the train.
Unless there are a group of you it's definitely cheapest and gets you close to the center of town.

Back