Hotels near Croke Park.

jurys right beside croker would be ideal .middle of the road i think but for matches and events maybe there expensive.google there website.

I've just booked a hotel in Dublin in anticipation of getting tickets for The Police in October. :) The obvious choice for me was Jurys Croke Park - they're offering rooms for €299 for the night of the concert. :eek: I checked out Bewley's Ballsbridge (have stayed there before for other concerts) and booked a room for €109 for the same night.

Last edited:
getting tickets for The Policy in October
Which particular policy would that be for? You're not a TD having a Freudian moment are you :). You're about 20/30mins walk from the city centre so shop around. You might get something a bit more cheaper and cheefurl-er. Er... Anyway, €150 for that night in Jurys Christchurch (for example). I'm sure you could find a taxi to run you there and back for less than €150. You could nearly book one of the airport hotels (e.g. €80 for Days Inn in Ballymun - nice enought hotel) and taxi in and back at that rate. Even €100 for the Hilton which is about 10 mins drive away out on the N1. And, if the Hilton's not good enough, I'll even put you up for €100 for the night and taxi you in and out ;) As long as you like Coco Pops for breakfast. And, if the toaster decides to work, you never know your luck.

http://www.bestwestern.ie/hotels/home.php?hotel=84071
The Academy Plaza.

Some friends of ours stayed there recently - it's at Findlater Place, near the top of O'Connell St. They said it was pretty good value. Note though that there is construction going on there at the moment (they weren't working this weekend, so maybe it's just weekday construction), so from the outside it's not a pretty picture. But for a reasonably-priced place very near Croke Park (15 min walk), it seems like a possibility.

do not forget the skylon on drumcondra road.
and for a wee family place try The Maples on Iona Road. Both walking distance to croker.

What about Clontarf Castle Hotel. This is near where I live. They' ve just spent a fortune doing it up. You'd get a taxi to Croker in 10 mins going by my own experience at the Rugby Internationals. Hoping to get tickets for the concert too!

Trying to get tickets also! Just tried Jurys website and it seems all Jurys hotels in Dublin Area have been either blocked for 6th October. THinking of bookiny skylon but reviews are not great, please advise?

The Belvedere Hotel (opposite Barry's) got a major faclift a couple of years ago and while I've never stayed there, the bar, reception etc look pretty modern and clean.

Back