Hotels in Barcelona.

jsn

Hi..heading to Barcelona for a weekend. can anyone recommend a good located, good priced hotel...thanks!

Can't beat anywhere down La Ramblas. Good base for exploring the (fantastic) city.

See if you can get what you need here: [broken link removed]

I had to pull out of a trip there last weekend and thus had to change my reservation with Hotel Barcelo. There was absolutely no hassle, just a few emails that were replied to quickly and no fees whatsoever for changing the reservation. The lads who went said the hotel was excellent in every way. On Ramblas which, as Locke said, is a must.

I wouldn't stay on La Ramblas, it's like O'Connell Street, nothing special and a bit rough. There are lovely pedestrianised places within a short walk of La Ramblas that are much nicer. Depends on what you want.

I booked a studio apartment in El Born beside Santa Maria Del Mar. It's a lovely gothic area with nice restaurants, pubs, shops, street entertainers and cafe scene at night time. La Ramblas and the Marina are within a short walk (maybe 10 mins).

Actually this is the exact apt I rented and the site I booked through:
[broken link removed]
The apartment is up a narrow alleyway but once you've found the church Santa Maria Del Mar you're beside it. I'd go for any apt around this area.

Back