Hotel Recommendation ideal for fishing break

RedStix

Hi All

I am looking to take my OH away for his birthday in September. He is a fly fishing fanatic so i was looking for recommendations for a nice hotel in Cork/Kerry where i could chill out in a spa while he heads off for a days fishing. Anyone any suggestions?

Thanks
GED

I am told the River Moy is one of the best rivers to fly fish....you are just in time as the season ends at the end of Sep

plenty info on here

The Ridge Pool in castlebar on the Moy is world famous and is worth a visit. And you get the night life of Castlebar thrown in

The Ridge Pool in castlebar on the Moy is world famous and is worth a visit. And you get the night life of Castlebar thrown in

Yep, heading there Saturday week for 7 days. We go to Ballina every year in August for the fishing.... well, the boys go fishing, the girls chill out!

Thanks for that suggestion anyway. Would appreciate any others.

GED

Ballyvolane house near Fermoy is fab and they have special fishing breaks... Have visited the house myself (not for fishing) and its amazing and its also part of the BlueBook recommendations.
www.ballyvolanehouse.ie

[broken link removed]? I don't know anything about fishing but it was voted best fly fishing guesthouse/hotel in Today's Flyfisher Magazine Game-Tackle Awards 2006. Also, it's in Waterford but there's beautiful scenery and it's not a million miles from Cork either.

I am told the River Moy is one of the best rivers to fly fish....you are just in time as the season ends at the end of Sep

plenty info on here

the Ridge Pool is in Ballina not Castlebar!

Back