Hotel near Galway airport

cappamj

Hi, I have to drop someone at Galway airport in the morning and pick them up at night.. I will be staying around for the day and do not want to spend it in the city..Is there a hotel nearby I can book into and just relax as I am not great driving in built up areas.

Hi smashbox is right. You could also try the Maldron Hotel and Leisure Centre or the Oranmore Lodge Hotel and Leisure Centre. The oranmore lodge much older but beautiful interior, very quaint.

If you go for the ClareGalway Hotel, there is a lovely (but very dated interior) restaurant a quick walk away called Summerfield, gorg food Best steak sandwich in Galway (i think). Avoid the Arches, too expensive, undercooked food and terrible staff.

thank you both so much.. really appreciated and just what I was looking for

Just one final question.. coming from Claregalway direction is the Maldron hotel on the main road? I think the Claregalway one might be difficult to get out of with evening traffic

The nearest hotel to Galway Airport is the newly opened 4* Clayton. It is a straight run from Airport to the Hotel. I have never been in it but it looks lovely from the dual carraigeway.

Look up www.clayton.ie

Traffice thru Claregalway in evening is heading away from Galway you would be heading back towards it on the N17 so not something to overly worry about. Galway evening traffic not good in any direction if you in city centre heading out.

Hi smashbox is right. You could also try the Maldron Hotel and Leisure Centre or the Oranmore Lodge Hotel and Leisure Centre. The oranmore lodge much older but beautiful interior, very quaint.

If you go for the ClareGalway Hotel, there is a lovely (but very dated interior) restaurant a quick walk away called Summerfield, gorg food Best steak sandwich in Galway (i think). Avoid the Arches, too expensive, undercooked food and terrible staff.

Although have never stayed there, whenever I am going through Galway I always stop off at the Arches for a meal and have always found the food good, staff great and most important, value for money.

Arches is a good spot alright. Not sure where your coming from Sandals. Restaurant in Claregalway hotel is not as good. Summerfield is cheap but interior there is very dated. I think you got a bit mixed up!!

No way am I mixed up, Im a regular in Claregalway. Summerfield offer good value for money and yes I said interior very dated, however have found the Arches to offer poor quality every time i was there with both work related and personal dining.

PS I find the Claregalway Hotel overpriced for what you get, except they did do a sandwich with side portion of wedges and huge side salad for €4.25 for lunch but now minus the wedges. Shame.

Back