Hotel in Washington D.C.

Lex Foutish

We're hoping to go to Washington later in the year. Has anyone got any hotel recommendations? Ideally some place nice that wouldn't cost a fortune. We've had a good look on ebookers etc. but I'd be interested in hearing AAM members' recommendations.

Thanks.

Hi,

We stayed at the Dupont last April on Dupont Circle. It is a Doyle Collection property. It boasts a very central location close to a Metro Stop.

It has undegone a revamp and is now quite contemporary but I found it to be overpriced and did not live up at all to the Hotels website portrayal for eg. we booked and paid for a deluxe room on Level 9 to discover that floor had not even been built and was at the early stages of construction. Looked good on the web though!!

Know this might not be of much use to you but it might help you eliminate one option.

we stayed in Jurys Washington, it is now called the Du Pont Hotel, part of the Doyle Collection. It was very good, well located only five minutes' walk to the Metro. Can't remember how much it cost per night.

I've stayed in the Phoenix Park hotel near Union station in the past, always found it quite good and an easy walk to the Mall

Dubpont Circle and area's around Union Station (where the Pheoix Park is) - are very quiet at night. Why don't you take a look at hotels in the Adam's Morgan or Georgetown area.

Dubpont Circle and area's around Union Station (where the Pheoix Park is) - are very quiet at night. Why don't you take a look at hotels in the Adam's Morgan or Georgetown area.

Thanks, Dutchy. Will check those spots out. If any of them serve Beamish, I'll book on the spot! ;)

I stayed at Georgetown Inn free breakfast great tourist area lots of restraunts bars coffe shops and shopping a good location to see all of DC Du Point circle is the buisness disrict quite at night

Pop in to Cork

Hi Lex

Hope you got your hotel sorted. I will be travelling to DC and I definitely intend checking this little number out. ;)

Cork

Marion

Back