Hotel in Barcelona

1308dorina

I'm planning a romantic trip to Barcelona for a few nights in September. Does anyone have any recommendations of hotels or area's to stay in.
I don't know whether it's recommended to stay in the Ramblas area or outside, as some people say it's too busy.
Does anyone have any previous knowledge of Barcelona.....and any ideas of nice things to do when we get there?

I'm planning a romantic trip to Barcelona for a few nights in September. Does anyone have any recommendations of hotels or area's to stay in.
I don't know whether it's recommended to stay in the Ramblas area or outside, as some people say it's too busy.
Does anyone have any previous knowledge of Barcelona.....and any ideas of nice things to do when we get there?
Maybe some useful tips for you here?
[broken link removed]

Also, a trip up to Tibidado can be very romantic at night time. There are some nice restaurants and bars with superb views over the city.

Last time there in March stayed in H10 Universtat, off Playa De Catalonya. Its the drop off point for the airport coaches and being at the top of Rampas is very central for walking anywhere. Very clean professional hotel, and good price. Look up available hotels for Barca on www.tripadvisor.com and see ratings and reviews. Ive been in several hotels there, and would go back to that one on price, locations and quality. If you want a nice restaurant, try Senor Parellada, Argenteria 37 if you like fish and nice service at keen prices.
R

Stayed in the Fiesta Caspe last September. Lovely hotel and just a short walk (5-10mins max) to las Ramblas. Reasonably priced from what I remember (bout 80euro per night for double room) with air con, immaculate rooms, free bottled water in room - but remember breakfast not included in most hotel prices in the city. But there is a lovely bakery just down the road where we breakfasted al fresco every morning. Tibidabo as per previous poster is a definite must do but would also recommend the night "Bus Touriste" trip around the city. Make sure you get a seat on the top deck as the bus is topless :eek: . Just beautiful and very romantic and there is a stop off to view a water display to music (has to be seen). Enjoy

We stayed in the hotel lleo just off the La Ramblas . Great location. Make sure and go to see the Fountains ,
I would recommend it.

Also stayed at the H10 Universitat and found it great Very convenient but quiet.

Stayed both here [broken link removed] and here [broken link removed] last year and this, they are both very close to each other. Good location just off La Rambla. The NH was probably the nicest of the two but I'd recommend them both.

If you dont mind spending a bit over the average, I can recommend Hotel Arts Hotel Barcelona Hotel Arts Barcelona is one of the most popular 5 Star Luxury Hotels in the city. Owned by the Palace Carlton group it offers you modern and high quality accommodation right on the sea front. Friend stayed there and was very enthusiastic about it.

For absolute luxury Gran Hotel La Florida Barcelona is a really fantastic hotel
http://www.hotellaflorida.com/

Last edited:
Brother in law and his missus stayed in [broken link removed] when they were there for a few days in March. They couldn't fault it.

Oh my God....i just had a look at the Arts Hotel.....fabulous! Unfortunately my budget won't stretch to that! I suppose realistically i'm looking for a nice 4 star.....something modern.....but if i go to Barcelona again i'll aim to save up and stay in the Arts Hotel....i'll keep doing the lotto in the meantime!

We have stayed a few times in Hotel Condal; very central location just off the Ramblas and very well priced - about 80 EURO per double or twin room. Cheap and cheerful.

We have also stayed in Granados 83; this is a different proposition, a boutique hotel about 10 mins up a quiet street away from the centre. 2 weekend night cost us 270 EURO all in. A good mid-range option and fantastic rooms.

Would not recommend Hotel Fira (4*) - while the rooms are the biggest in Barcelona and you might get good deal, the downside is that you are a good bit away from the centre, at Plaza Espana. Have also stayed at NH Podium which has a better location in the Gothic centre.

Stayed here once, it was fine.

[broken link removed]

Sorry, disregard this post - wrong topic.
Hadn't even read this one, so don't know how it landed here!

Last edited:
Stayed in Gran Marina Hotel about 10 mins from Las Ramblas. Hotel and staff fantastic. It's 5 star but went with group of friends and hired one of hte exec. suites and that kept costs down. Las Ramblas very over-rated in my opinion, but I suppose its the centre so being near is an advantage. Going to Barcelona again tomorro for weekend and staying in Soho Hotel near las Ramblas. Will let yu know what I think. Will also give some info on Sitges as have friends living there.

Going to Barcelona again tomorro for weekend
If you haven't seen Castellers (human castles) before it might be worth your while going to the Festa Major de Sants this weekend. It'll be happening from 12:00 onwards on the Sunday in Parc de l'Espanya Industrial (near to Sants train station). Always impressive to see, so I'd recommend it if it suits your itinerary.

Stayed at Pere IV; last year. no complaints, reaonably priced. A bit removed from the main city centre but easily reachable by taxi or Metro. Can be walked in 30 minutes either

I visited Barcelona in July and would have to highly recommend the hotel I stayed in, HCC Montblanc on Via Laeitana,very close to the old town and the Placa Catalunya. It was very reasonable at 110 euro a night per room, in an excellent location, very clean, quiet and has a swimming pool. Check out the reviews of it on Trip Advisor.

Barcelona is a fabulous city. Hope you have a great time.

Back