Hotel bar extension at wedding

car

Anyone know what the going rate is for a bar extension at a wedding?
A friend asked me and said he was quoted 500e. Is this normal, can it be bargained down? thinks it keeps the bar open until 1:30am. The hotel is in dublin, I cant remember what my own one was but think it was somewhere in the region of 300e 7 years ago.

I would agree with Ash 22 i think it increased in view of the new legislation on alcohol and also possibly need to get more money into Excheqer...give Justice a ring and they should be able to tell you...

[broken link removed]

Don't think its up to the venue. Unless maybe some venues will do it a part of their wedding deal.

The hotel I am getting married in quoted us €500. when i checked it on govertment site it is €410. I asked hotel what the €90 was for but she just said that that was the price Hotel Federation had told them to charge! I viewed five different hotels and each one had a different price for bar extension. With extension the bar stays open till 2.30.

410 is the government duty per exemption. Hotels usually then get a solicitor to make the application on their behalf in the district court, therefore legal fees, outlay and VAT get added on. The rate increase ( it almost doubled) occurred in July of this year which is in relation to the government fee only. Most hotels make a bulk application for anything up to 20/30 exemptions at a time although of course smaller establishments would apply for less.

€300 hotel in killarney. Wont name it. Its a thing you kinda have to get. 1am is just too early.

€300 hotel in killarney. Wont name it. Its a thing you kinda have to get. 1am is just too early.

There's no harm in naming it. Many hotels would have applied in bulk in advance of the rate change which is why you will still see exemption costs being passed on at the old rate for the next few months.

sister is paying 380 for summerhill house hotel, it clearly states the price in their wedding brochure

The court and government stamp duty payable for a bar extension is €410 (that was raised from €200 about a year ago). Each extension has to be applied for in court separately - so solicitors fees plus VAT for the court application go on top of this. Solicitors fees including VAT would be between €75 and €140 (higher rate is for 1 application - if they're done by the solicitor in bulk (more than 1 application on the same day) then costs less per application)- so it costs the hotel somewhere between €485 and €550 for the hotel to apply for a bar extension. If you pay less than this then the hotel is losing money on the application and hoping to recoup it at the bar on the night.

The hotel I am getting married in quoted us €500. when i checked it on govertment site it is €410. I asked hotel what the €90 was for but she just said that that was the price Hotel Federation had told them to charge!
If the Hotel Federation is telling them what to charge for anything, they are breaching competitions legislation.

Back