Health Insurance Hospice Care Costs

Logo

Apologies if posting in wrong forum. A friends child was diagnosed with terminal cancer and qualified for a medical card but was recently admitted to a hospice for palliative care. I've searched the net but can't find costs associated with the care - and it's not exactly the right time to broach the subject with the parents. Neither parent has worked recently because 24/7 round the clock care at home was needed. I would appreciate any information. Thanks

To the best of my knowledge Logo it's free regardless of your circumstances.
I rang hospice about a 2 weeks ago and got straight through to a lovely lady who was most helpful.
But time moved fast and hospice was not needed in our case.

What is your question?
In a nutshell, the cost of hospice care.

Thank you SBarrett & Richin Spirit for your helpful information.
BTW, given recent news I might have been a bit cynical about giving to charities but having experienced it at first hand - I couldn't think of a more worthy donation than to hospice care.

Last edited:
I agree - they are fantastic. Mil was in Hospice suite of local hospital for 3 months. There was never a mention of money. She did have private health insurance but nothing came after she died to say they made a claim. So sorry to hear of your friends child - that is just so sad.

Back