Hoping to get an older convertible - suggestions?

... but it was the most fun car I ever drove. It’s not that fast but it is perfectly balanced and can be driven like a go-cart. No ESD or other computerised steering correction, it doesn’t need it ...

Purple,

In a nutshell you said it .. all of the above is why I own one, girlie or not what you said is what matters.

Actually a buddy of mine owns a Lotus Elise, would you believe he gets this Girlie thing thrown at him too.

Yip re VW Beetles, Mini's - they are girlie by virtue that the market for them is 99% female deliberate or otherwise. However it has always puzzled me how the Cooper S or the John Cooper Works models are girlie - they are absolute rockets. Buddy of mine owns one, they are used quiet alot for track days.

Spec: - 211bhp, 260nm torque, 0-62 in 6.5 secs - with factory turbo chargers and superchargers.

I see quiet a number of Cooper S being driven around town by girls, you know its an S with the "hole" on the front of the bonnet. Whats the point of this power while driving at 20/30mph ... the standard mini is more than enough for this!

Bobalong

S has a twin exhaust in the centre of back as well, as opposed to a single on the right hand side.

The MX-5 is not macho car. But nor is it particularly a girlie car.

It's a rake's car. Especially in 'racing' green and if it's a convertible.

I can live with that. :)

(Must get myself a cravat)

The MX-5 is not macho car. But nor is it particularly a girlie car.

I can live with that. :)

(Must get myself a cravat)

"Mine" was racing green :D

Hi Caveat,

Unfortunately a Jap Import ( Quinn still insure japs though ):

[broken link removed]

But seems to be in great nick, its a 98. Racing Green with the tan hood plus wood type interior finish plus tan leather seats. Definitely a throw back to the 60's Brit roadster. Its also got all the extra chrome bits like the door sills and the mesh under the front number plate and the MX5 mats. Reasonable mileage - low 50's. €5950, I would say you could know a good few quid from that ..

And this for €4950 - [broken link removed] - Aircon, 6 speed box!

bobalong

Looks great!!

What's this 1.7 mullarkey though?!

Edit: Ah just look at it...perfect.

Just on the right side of tacky with the alloys/Lexus etc. Just about gets away with it.

Hi Caveat,

Unfortunately a Jap Import ( Quinn still insure japs though ):

[broken link removed]

But seems to be in great nick, its a 98. Racing Green with the tan hood plus wood type interior finish plus tan leather seats. Definitely a throw back to the 60's Brit roadster. Its also got all the extra chrome bits like the door sills and the mesh under the front number plate and the MX5 mats. Reasonable mileage - low 50's. €5950, I would say you could know a good few quid from that ..

bobalong

The Jap import ones are always higher spec than the Irish ones.

Yip - they are.

With respect to the Insurance on Jap imports - I only mentioned this because I fell foul of it with a Honda Integra recently. Just check the insurance company to be sure. I think quinn are still insuring them without any big hike.

The six speed box didnt hit europe until the third gen MXes in 06. Having the extra gear gets better economy probably.

I think that 1.7 was a mistake - 1.8 - so 140bhp. It does go like a whippet, nice torque for hills.

Tacky ness :D - yeah but hey its all about the fun in the sun :D AND that go kart fire it into country road corners and the like ...

Bobalong

Oh dear. It SO isn't. But sure if you want to fool yourself, knock yourself out. Just remember at the traffic lights, the next time a woman glances sideways at you, she's thinking- wonder if he's single, cause I've a lovely gay friend...:p

Oh dear. It SO isn't. But sure if you want to fool yourself, knock yourself out. Just remember at the traffic lights, the next time a woman glances sideways at you, she's thinking- wonder if he's single, cause I've a lovely gay friend...:p

LOL!

Well, it's a small car so I obviously have no psychological issues with 'downstairs performance' as it were, so in a way, this self assured
sang- froid metrosexualism makes me even more manly doesn't it? ;)

Caveat: 1

Insecure pretend men: 0

:)

LOL!

Well, it's a small car so I obviously have no psychological issues with 'downstairs performance' as it were, so in a way, this self assured
sang- froid metrosexualism makes me even more manly doesn't it? ;)

Caveat: 1

Insecure pretend men: 0

:)

That's actually true- there's nothing sexier, paradoxically, than a man who doesn't feel he has to prove something. Hmmm, you win that round!

I, eh, know someone who drives an MX5.

Great craic altogether, especially on roundabouts.

Or so I'm told.

Back