Honeymoon in Italy

B

Bunny

Hello,
we are looking at Italy for our honeymoon next July. What we are thinking is having one week where we can go and see the sites, possibly Rome, Florence and the second week spent lazing by a beach. Anybody any experience of this? Any links, advice is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
B

Hi Bunny,
We got married in italy last June. The place we got married in was called Titignano and could suit you. It is equidistant from Rome and Florence and is not far from either the A1 that runs between these 2 cities or also nearby Orvieto has a train station with regular services to both. Titignano is also in Umbria and very close to Tuscany if you wanted to drive around - I really can not say enough about this place if it total relaxation you want in a great location.

With regards to a beach why not go to Sardinia. We holidayed there a couple of years ago in Baia Santa Reparta, St Teresa di Gallura and it was fabulous. The beaches here are way better than most of the Italian costal areas and the waters are pristine. La Madellena is a fab island just off Sardinia which was also lovely.

If you want any more information let me know.

karton2004

There's a bit on Sardinia too. You might find some more general information about Italy in the .

We did this last year, starting in Rome (stayed in the Napoleon Hotel), taking in Florence (Hotel Cristina), Sienna, and Assisi. Would absolutely recommend it, we loved evry minute of it. The food, the drink, the people, the service - they put us to shame in this country! We didn't go near any beaches so can't help you out there but if you are travelling around Tuscany then by car for me is the best way - you can do things at your leisure. In saying that, the train service is excellent, and reasonably priced too.

We stayed in a town called San Remo last year (Grand Hotel). It is only about an hour from Nice and about 30 mins to Monaco.

the weather was fantastic and the hotel superb (a bit pricey though), as said above the service was excellent and the resturants were brilliant.

I would only recommend it as the relaxing part of your two week holiday though. there didn'y seem to be that much to do but we didn't care cause all we wanted to do was rest and relax anyway

Back