Honda FRV

mariagalway

I was just wondering if anyone drives a Honda FRV?

We are hoping to buy one early in the new year, but I have heard that because they are a little wider than a regular car, that they can be difficult to park in multi storey car parks. I know this seems minor but it would drive me crazy...

Anyone have any experience?

Thanks.

its only 4cm wider than a Corolla Verso

No diesel version is available here in Ireland so if you are buying new, consider a UK or NI one if you want diesel.

The boot is not as big as others in the same class aswell

its only 4cm wider than a Corolla Verso

No diesel version is available here in Ireland so if you are buying new, consider a UK or NI one if you want diesel.

The boot is not as big as others in the same class aswell

Thanks.

We're looking into importing a diesel version, but the 1.8 petrol is a nice drive also. Boot space looks OK to me, we are past the buggy stage so that makes it easier.

The problem with bringing a car in from UK/NI is that it can be quite hard to sell your own car, in my case a 2002 Ford Focus Estate.

Thanks.

We're looking into importing a diesel version, but the 1.8 petrol is a nice drive also. Boot space looks OK to me, we are past the buggy stage so that makes it easier.

The problem with bringing a car in from UK/NI is that it can be quite hard to sell your own car, in my case a 2002 Ford Focus Estate.
price the focus well and you could sell it easy....not too many estates available in that price range so you might be lucky

Hi
We have an FRV since May 2005, and we've put 80,000km on it in that time. We use it as a family car, we have 3 kids between the ages of 5 and 8. The back seat is very good, with three independent seats that are perfect for child/booster seats, and the high roof makes access simple. When we need it we have the sixth seat, but normally its folded down gving us a big armrest in the front. The boot is very big, we've gone to France for the summer every year without the need to resort to a roof box. We have a 1.7 petrol version, which I think has since been replaced by a 1.8. Fuel consumption is ok, handling is good and while acceleration is less than electric its not bad either if you get the revs up first. We've had no mechanical problems since we bought it. All in all I think its a great family car and I intend to keep it until the kids refuse to get in to it!
On the downside it is wide, even if this is more of a perception than a reality, and rear view is a bit limited too. I have no problem parking it in carparks, it would certainly be no more difficult than other mid-sized MPVs.

Hi
We have an FRV since May 2005, and we've put 80,000km on it in that time. We use it as a family car, we have 3 kids between the ages of 5 and 8. The back seat is very good, with three independent seats that are perfect for child/booster seats, and the high roof makes access simple. When we need it we have the sixth seat, but normally its folded down gving us a big armrest in the front. The boot is very big, we've gone to France for the summer every year without the need to resort to a roof box. We have a 1.7 petrol version, which I think has since been replaced by a 1.8. Fuel consumption is ok, handling is good and while acceleration is less than electric its not bad either if you get the revs up first. We've had no mechanical problems since we bought it. All in all I think its a great family car and I intend to keep it until the kids refuse to get in to it!
On the downside it is wide, even if this is more of a perception than a reality, and rear view is a bit limited too. I have no problem parking it in carparks, it would certainly be no more difficult than other mid-sized MPVs.

Thank you so much, that's exactly the information I needed.

Good to hear about the France trips also, as we have done that for a few years with the estate, and the boot size was one of my concerns.

I test drove a 2008 1.8 version yesterday and was happy enough with it, did notice the limited rear view, but imagine I will get used to that, at least the wing mirrors are quite large.

Down to haggling about the price now!

We're also looking for an FRV but would probably import a diesel from the uk. What I like about them is that they're not as high as some MPVs which would make them more stable on the road. We already have an accord and have been very happy with it up to now.

Back