Homeless HAP

imalwayshappy

Hi All,

I am super confused. I have a new female tenant on the homeless hap scheme (I am new to hap). She moved in 2 months ago and I received the first 2 months rent and deposit upfront. All is going great. I see in my account today that I have received a lodgement for 2k from Focus Ireland referencing my rental property. I have no idea what this is for and have not received a letter or anything on it. I am still trying to contact someone in Focus Ireland. Anyone have any idea what this is? I thought it might be a clerical error but it has my rental property address as the reference. Have I received a bonus?????? ;)

Thanks!

I have 2 properties with homeless HAP in north county dublin. For me PMV trust took over from focus Ireland about a year ago and this was a complete disaster. PMV trust are completely incompetent in every way. Are you sure it’s focus ireland and not PMV managing your property?
Either way initially when I started with them a few years ago focus Ireland Paid the rent, but then it transitioned to Limerick City and County Council and I got paid “IN ARREAS”!!! roughly on the 26th of every month. I remember at the time financially it seemed to get messy in the transition period. I phoned them and they explained.

Last edited:
...but then it transitioned to Limerick City and County Council and I got paid “IN ARREAS”!!! roughly on the 26th of every month.

I have HAP tenants and this is the case. They had been paying first of the month themselves, but since HAP it’s been end of the month instead. I’m not sure why HAP operates like that, but it does and it’s made clear from the outset.

This is a bit of a joke to be honest. It is definitely from Focus Ireland as they are on the remittance information . I rang them and they don't know anything about it. They said they usually pay the deposit and the first two months rent that's all they pay. When I got paid this initially (deposit and rent) it it came from HAP not focus Ireland..... It's mad!

I have 2 properties with homeless HAP in north county dublin. For me PMV trust took over from focus Ireland about a year ago and this was a complete disaster. PMV trust are completely incompetent in every way. Are you sure it’s focus ireland and not PMV managing your property?
Either way initially when I started with them a few years ago focus Ireland Paid the rent, but then it transitioned to Limerick City and County Council and I got paid “IN ARREAS”!!! roughly on the 26th of every month. I remember at the time financially it seemed to get messy in the transition period. I phoned them and they explained.

Can I ask Landlord, do PMT still pay over the market rent for their properties? I saw your post previously on Focus Ireland. Thanks!

I assume you mean PMV trust?
i am not sure as I haven’t let a property to them in the last few years, however they are still agreeing to the 4% rent increases over the originally inflated rents.

Back