Homebond on a house older than 10 years old

tol570

Hi all, just wondering has anyone been in a situation whereby BOI are insisting on homebond on a house that was built in 2005. It's been empty until now but the house itself was built in 2005. They are insisting on homebond in order to finalise the mortgage? Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

Agreed. I've no idea why they are so adamant. I've explained numerous times that the hosue does not have Homebond. Never did. And even if it had it would be long expired. Nightmare with BOI since we applied for mortgage so this is just another in a long line of ridiculous requests

homebond.229080[/URL]
Thanks I've had a look at that thread. I'm unsure from reading it if it relates to new builds or older houses. The house im buying was built circa 2005.. It simply cannot have Homebond. But they keep insisting on it. I'm awaiting an email from them tomorrow which I can then take to my solicitor to get some advice. Its the only thing holding up my drawdown now
I'd be curious what payouts homebond has paid out over the years.
It's just beyond me at this point. It's a condition of the mortgage even tho it's impossible for the house to have it

Hi @toll570 I'm finding myself on this exact same situation with BOI. I was wondering how did it go for you so I'd know what to expect? Thanks

Back