Home only 80% land registry the rest ?

BrightLife

Hello
Need help please.
Just found out that 80% of my home is register on land registry and the rest isn’t including the shed and garage. Bought in 2008 with mortgage. Why didn’t it show then?
Mortgage paid off 2015. Nothing in deeds showing any of this bar an old map on the folio but it’s so small it’s hard to see.
My house is sale agrred, I’m sale agreed on a smaller home I’m purchasing. . Sellers are very pushy to close but with issues like this it’s going to be delayed.
Now found out sellers Solictor is the same solicitor that processed my purchase in 2008!!! So if I go pointing a finger at them, they’ll inform the sellers and I won’t have a house to buy.
Emailed PRA and they said “You should try to establish if the original map presented to the Land Registry was marked out incorrectly by the lodging party or if the error in fact was made by the Land Registry when mapping the property.”
Help!

Talk to your current solicitor.

Let them review your deeds and take up a copy of the instrument when you bought the property.

It's unlikely to be much of an issue.

mf

Update
Went to registry of deeds and ran search on previous owners and house, nothing showed.
Visited PRA and various staff said various things
1) could be just mapping issue/error which can take up to 12 months to fix
2) Could be Solictor error when house was purchased and previous Solictor. That will lead to the 20% needing to go through first registration. Again lengthy process.
3) Instruments of deeds ordered to be sure everything and what exactly has been filed etc including mapping.
4) Current Solictor was looking into it but I had to find out myself.

What happens if my previous solicitor made the error? In the deeds are previous folios with one dated a year after I purchased. This one clearly shows two boxes on my house instead of one. His signature at the bottom of the page with date. Wouldn’t he have been obligated to check this out? I’m guessing previous folio maps were harder to understand being so small but this one was fine to make out.

I’m not a happy camper

Of course, none of us here know the full story but you do seem to be very hands on so I'm sure you'll get to the bottom of it.

The Land Registry staff are exceptionally helpful- they're telling you that they don't know what happened - they can only surmise, until the Instrument(s) are examined by a solicitor and an approach made to them to deal with the issue, whatever it is.

Your second last paragraph is very hard to follow and combined with your tale of woe about the ex-solicitor now acting for the sellers of the house you want to buy, it sounds like a right mess.

As already said, talk to your current solicitor. S/he may simply not have the time to put every other file aside in their office and deal solely with this one. They will work through the process as already outlined.

But if you do want a solicitor to do nothing but deal with this issue until it is resolved, you will pay for the privilege.

mf

Back