Home Insurance

random2011

Any suggestions for home insurance which would cover also a touring van and a robotic automaker (3k value)

Any suggestions for home insurance which would cover also a touring van and a robotic automaker (3k value)

Offhand, I think that household insurance would not cover a touring van because it is a mechanically propelled vehicle and should therefore be covered under a more specific alternative type of policy i.e. a motor insurance policy.

Yes the touring van needs its own motor policy, but what is a "robotic automaker"? High value items (check what your insurer means by high value items) need to be declared and itemised on your home policy.

Yes the touring van needs its own motor policy, but what is a "robotic automaker"? High value items (check what your insurer means by high value items) need to be declared and itemised on your home policy.
Oops..that should say Automower....damn Mac auto correction.

Offhand, I think that household insurance would not cover a touring van because it is a mechanically propelled vehicle and should therefore be covered under a more specific alternative type of policy i.e. a motor insurance policy.
Is a touring van considered a mechanically propelled vehicle. It is not a camper van, its a caravan you hitch onto the back of a car. It is covered whilst towing it back and forth as part of the existing car policy but I wanted to have it insured incase someone decided to steal it from our yard.

your current home insurers would be the best
Not necessarily some insurers have contents in out buildings limited to €1000.
An auto mower costs more than that let alone what else is in out buildings.

As it is a caravan can you get specific caravan insurance ?
If so, does it need to dovetail with the motor insurance of the towing vehicle to make sure there are no gaps in cover ?

Back