Home Insurance

pint6

Hello there,

I know the question looks bit stupid. Please advise

Can we not pay the home insurance once off for one year? or should be every month.?

Regards,
Pint

And make sure that you are insuring for the reinstatement cost and not the market value. See the and the many other threads about home insurance for more on this. And shop around for the best quote for a policy that suits your specific needs. Many insurers will charge an additional fee for monthly rather than annual premiums.

Hi,

I just switched from AIB to and got an extra discount by paying the annual amount by cheque - they have a surcharge if you pay by credit card.

Many insurers charge an administration fee if you pay by month, so it's probably cheaper to pay in one lump sum.

But the point here is that if you pay annually you pay more if you pay by credit card, due to the surcharge, than if you pay by cheque. It's not a monthly versus annual premium issue.

No mention of credit cards in the original query - The OP asked "Can we not pay the home insurance once off for one year? or should be every month.?"

UpTheBanner said:
Hi,

I just switched from AIB to and got an extra discount by paying the annual amount by cheque - they have a surcharge if you pay by credit card.
I was responding to the post above.

UpTheBanner said:
Hi,

I usually find that FBD are quite competitive but I always look for quotes anyway (my house insurance in up this month). 123.ie was to only quote to beat FBD but did so by more than 25%. It says that the policy is ‘underwritten by the Wellington Syndicate 2020 at Lloyds’. I'm a tad concerned about switching, as I like that I can walk into an FBD office if I have an issue. Is anyone who is reading this happily insured by the Wellington Syndicate or ever made a claim against such a policy?

I went ahead with 123.ie & Wellington syndicate. I was mildly concerned, but decided to go ahead anyway. I've no experience of claims.

some LLoyds syndicates are a bit shaky after the hurricanes in teh US. GOSHAWK, one of the hig hflyers is now in run off. Do some bit of research before insuring with a non irish based company. remember a few years ago INDEPENDENT went belly up and no protection whatever was given to non UK policyholders. different here when PMPA and ICI went belly up.

i'm with axa at the moment. And they have it set up that they deduct the yearly amount for my car + house insurnace from my wages over 10 months. and there is no extra charge for doing it this way.... they seem to have the wage deduction in place for alot of companiess.......

Re: Getting Home Insurance Quote Online

Do you have any vested interest in or involvement with that site? If you do then please note the posting guidelines on and .

ClubMan - this advert was part of a pattern, so I deleted it.

Back