Home Home Insurance

dodo

Home insurance who is best around,372E best for rebuild 150E & 10K contents which I had to take as part of package with 123.ie, just wondering any better around

OP, shop around. 123.ie are owned by RSA, who whilst a large company are notorious when it comes to pay a claim. I know persons that have a claim since early 2012, and they are unable to get the final payment. Myself have a claim since 2010 and still not sorted. No matter how small the claim is, they automatically appoint OSG Loss Adjusters, who are told to agree to nothing.

OP, shop around. 123.ie are owned by RSA, who whilst a large company are notorious when it comes to pay a claim. I know persons that have a claim since early 2012, and they are unable to get the final payment. Myself have a claim since 2010 and still not sorted. No matter how small the claim is, they automatically appoint OSG Loss Adjusters, who are told to agree to nothing.

To be fair you will find people saying the same about all insurance companies. I also know that OSG are not appointed on all RSA claims as they also appoint other loss adjusting companies.

Every claim is different and the details behind each are also different. As someone who carries out work both for insurance comapnies and policy holders I have good and bad to say about most insurance comapnies and would not directly highlight any one as been worse than any other.

Try PTSB home insurance. I got mine for €218 for the year for €150,000 rebuild cost and €30,000 contents. I don't know if their prices have climbed since, but they were the best around that I found. Another one I used in the past was getcover.ie so they may be worth a try also.

Actually I just tried getcover there and put in €150,000 rebuild cost and €15,000 contents with county kerry and it gave me a quote of €184.80

I know absolutely nothing about this offer and just happened to see the ad recently but Bank of Ireland are offering [broken link removed]. As with all of these things best to read the T&Cs very carefully.

Actually I just tried getcover there and put in €150,000 rebuild cost and €15,000 contents with county kerry and it gave me a quote of €184.80

You need to compare the excess and cover limits of the policy against others

Live in county cork & many insurance companies (home insurance) will not even quote because of subsidence - I also noticed that a company asked about smoker or non-smoker - is this usual?

Try MIS insurance (sold through a broker), they have a policy that excludes subsidence & flood so will quote area's of Cork.

Back