Home Insurance with No Claims Bonus Protection

margaret1

Hi, could anyone confirm if any specific Insurance company offers a Home Insurance which provides No Claims Bonus Protection, in the event of a claim, the No Claims Bonus remains intact on renewal. This may be offered an additional extra or part of the Home Insurance Policy. I have contacted a few insurance companies and it is not something they offer for Home Insurance although it is very prevalent with Car Insurance. Thank you.

No claims bonus is not a widely accepted concept with home insurance. It's a marketing concept with a discount for not having claims with a particular insurer. Not every insurer holds that view.
Also household insurers dont really want anyone that claims more than twice in 3 years so they have no interest no protected no claims bonus.

Reactions: Leo
Thank you peteb. that is a good point and I understand it from the Insurers point of view. From the clients point of view we have paid Home Insurance for 30yrs and thankfully we have never had a claim. On renewal, we really like to protect the no claims bonus if we are in the unfortunate position of having a claim in the future in the same way that our car insurance no claim bonus can be protected for an extra premium and another example is Health Insurance, where there is no increase in premiums if a significant claim is required. Thank you for posting peteb as now I can see understand it from the Industry and as a Customer.

Hi @margaret1

A Protected No claims bonus was added to our Home Ins policy last year. We didn't ask for it. It just appeared as a feature during last years renewal.

Seems to only apply if "you have previously held insurance and been claim free for the previous three years".

One claim allowed (max €3k). €6k if AA Member.

Broker is AA Insurance. Underwriter is RSA.

Perhaps give them a call if u haven't already done so and they can get into all the finer details.

Note that no claims bonus protections only apply to your current insurer who may well still add a loading to your policy in the event of a claim. They do not allow you to shop around as if you have not had a claim.

Back