Home Home Insurance - High Sums Insured

harriet

Are there or can you recomment any brokers or insurance companies out there who deal with insurance quotes for higher sums insured. Can't seem to get online quotes.

Any help appreciated

Most brokers should have access to the chubb masterpiece policy that covers higher sums insured and has an agreed value approach to cover (i.e they will assess the property at the outset and advise on a correct sum insured and so there isn't an underinsurance danger if their is a claim).

www.powerinsurances.ie

Hiscox are also an option with a similar product. But again you have to go through a broker.

You have three or four options...as previously mentioned, Chubb have the Masterpiece policy, or if you have a serious pad, the Signature policy. Hiscox have the 606 product. Another option is Chartis Private Client. The other option is the AXA excellence policy. On the basis of AXA's claim philosphy where they attempt in many cases to impose builders to do the work, this policy may not meet with your approval.

The first three are much the same and provide an excellent claims handling facility with as near as possible a no quibble claims approach...cover can be arranged through a broker. However, cover is not cheap but with these three companies, you really are buying what I would consider is the best household policies on the market.

Benchmark Insurance are pretty good. Part of RSA, not cheap but in event of a claim are pretty good at dealing with claims. Chubb are very good. Have a fantastic claims record and pay out without delay. Policies are very comprehensive and allow for adding holiday homes and all other things which are not normally covered. If you expect a cheap quote forget it and if there is a claims history they may not quote. I was told last October Hiscox were not writing business in this country at present. A word of advice, if the policy excess is increased it can lower the premium significantly.

Chubb also do Motor Insurance which is exceptionally good if not brilliant.

PM me with any queries. I'm not a broker but a satisfied customer.

As loss assessor I would consider Chubb to be far superior in handling claims then pretty much anyone else in the market with the exception of Zurich who are very good.

Benchmark Insurance are pretty good. Part of RSA, not cheap but in event of a claim are pretty good at dealing with claims. Chubb are very good. Have a fantastic claims record and pay out without delay. Policies are very comprehensive and allow for adding holiday homes and all other things which are not normally covered. If you expect a cheap quote forget it and if there is a claims history they may not quote. I was told last October Hiscox were not writing business in this country at present. A word of advice, if the policy excess is increased it can lower the premium significantly.

Chubb also do Motor Insurance which is exceptionally good if not brilliant.

PM me with any queries. I'm not a broker but a satisfied customer.

Back