Home Energy Insulation Grants Cut

Any indication of whether the grants are likely to be cut in 2012 Budget ?

It remains to be seen. As from today, all new grant applications have been suspended until after the budget. Existing grants that already received approval are not affected.

From what I gather, there will no longer be a grant system but they will be offering a payment schedule through your utility company and spread the cost of the installation over a period of time. The repayments will be added to your utility company bill.

Grants are now thankfully back in action, albeit with some amendments:

1. Boiler & Heating Control Upgrade unchanged @ €560.00 (Phew!)
2. Heating Control Upgrade unchanged @ €400.00 (Also Phew!)
3. Attic Insulation reduced from €250.00 to €200.00
4. Cavity Wall Insulation reduced from €400.00 to €250.00
5. Internal Dry Lining reduced from €2,500.00 to €900.00 for an apartment, €1,350.00 for a semi-detached or end terrace & €1,800.00 for a detached
6. External Wall Insulation reduced from €4,000.00 to €1,800.00 for an apartment, €2,700.00 for a semi-detached or end terrace & €3,600.00 for a detached
7. Building Energy Ratings (BER) reduced from €80.00 to €50.00

Yes, it is a relief. It is providing a certain amount of work in these tough times for small contractors. Hopefully, it will be active for another year at least ....

Shame on the government for cutting these grants - more and more people will be in fuel poverty as a result. Many people saw this cut coming months ago, though and rushed to get their houses insulated.

I had considered availing of the dry lining grant as we have insulation problems and thermal bridging but there is a 650 euro drop in new budget which is a massive difference. I would imagine there will be a big reduction in numbers availing of this scheme.

insulation grant

I got approved a few weeks ago, it last for 6 months.
I still get the 560 euro for attic and wall cavity under the old grant

Does anyone know if there is a grant for replacing old single glazed windows in a house for an old pensioner. The reason I ask is, because an Aunt of mine got her windows done a few years ago and got some form of a grant for it. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

No SEAI grants currently for windows upgrading.

I expect that they think that it is something that a homeowner would automatically do when upgrading / renovating a house, whereas insulation, boiler upgrade need an incentive.

Could be worth checking with the local Council though.

I expect that they think that it is something that a homeowner would automatically do when upgrading / renovating a house, whereas insulation, boiler upgrade need an incentive.
More that it is a requirement of the building regulations.

Back