Home Energy forum

mathepac

In light of the rising costs of home energy, might it be prudent to split that forum in two, the second part titled "Energy Saving - Tips for the Home" or some such?

No earth-shattering stuff or high-value upgrades, just the basics e.g. after you've boiled the kettle for your tea or coffee, refill it to the original level again so the cold water absorbs the residual heat.

I have one or two more if you think it's a good idea.

If Home Energy is left as is, energy-saving tips may get overlooked.

Controversially, how about having the energy suppliers sponsor a weekly €100 voucher for the best idea posted in any week? (OPTIONAL)

mathepac

after you've boiled the kettle for your tea or coffee, refill it to the original level again so the cold water absorbs the residual heat
That's not an energy saving tip, its actually wasteful... you've basically boiled too much water to begin with.

Hi mathpac

Thanks for the suggestion. I think it's definitely worth highlighting this issue.

I have gone through the posts in this forum for the last year, and there doesn't seem to be many directly on the topic of tips. That is usually the trigger for a new forum - an existing forum getting a lot of questions on a discrete sub-topic e.g. trackers in the mortgage forum.

So I don't really see that it would justify a separate forum? It could be a Key Post or a series of Key Posts.

There is an old Key Post on the topic and I have now stuck it to the top.

Would it help to amend the title of the forum?

Brendan

Last edited:
Energy savings tips deleted, they should be posted to the Home Energy forum and not How to Use Ask About Money.

Back