Home Carers Tax Credit

N

newman

Hi ,I have just receied my new tax cert for 2013 and it includes the above of 810 euro but my increased standard rate has been taken off me.My wife was on carers benefit and carers leave from work until june of 2012.She left her job and went on carers allowance.For 2012 we had no Home carers tax credit but had the increased rate,I am wondering can i opt for the inreased standard rate instead of the home carers tax credit for 2013 instead as that would be more beneficial as i have a pension and also work,she has no other employment or income except the carers allowance,thanks for any advice sorry about the long post

Revenue usually calculate which option is more beneficial to you. If you are definitely sure that increase on standard rate is more beneficial to your situation then give them call and request to switch to other option.

Hi thanks for your reply, the increased rate band is definety better for us but im wondering am i allowed to opt for it as my wife is only on carers allowance and from what i read it says "DUAL" income,so are they saying we are not in the dual income catogary and therefore only allowed the home carers credit and not the increased rate band thanks for any clarity

Back